Thursday, December 10, 2009

You're never too young to start

The other night, I took the children on a hunt for pink, blue and green feathers for the Christmas tree. (Why be traditional, right?!) So, after I picked everyone up from school, off we went on our trek to the craft store.

As soon as we walked in the door, Baby Bear says "Mom, can we get some toys." I said, no, I don't have money for toys today. He reaches into his pants pocket and pulls out several coupons cut from the Target toy catalog. He hands this wad to me and announces that he had brought coupons so it won't cost a lot of money.

First - I picked the children up from school and went shopping.

Second - Neither child knew this was the plan.

Third - I wonder how long he has been toting around coupons in hope of that perfect opportunity to use them?!?

Never a dull moment :)

1 comment:

fritz said...

Is this what the recession is doing to kids?