Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rock the River

If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you are probably sick of hearing me talk about Rock the River. But seriously, I cannot express how much fun we had!

If you haven't heard about it yet, allow me to share. Rock the River is a music tour coordinated by the Franklin Graham. It is targeted towards the younger generation and they do an amazing job.

Leading up to the day, I did not have high hopes for having two kids out at an all day concert. They cannot behave for a 30 minute trip to the grocery store, let alone, 9 hours in the sun.

We prepped them by letting them know that there favorite band Skillet would be performing.

And it worked.

They got along most of the day. There was limited fighting. There was minimal whining.

The only negative to the day was when we had to make the trek to go potty. The funny thing is that it was so horrible, that they didn't ask to go back again. (If you have ever been out to eat with the House of O, you know that this is MAJOR as we normally make no fewer than 5 trips to the commode during an hour long dinner) I'm not exaggerating when I say we were gone for nearly TWO HOURS. Someone thought it would be a great idea to only order 15 porta-potties for the event. Since nearly 71K people were there, it did not make for a fun experience.

I digress.

How about some pictures!?



I absoltely love this one, so I had to feature it by itself.


During the time between bands, they showed video testimonies from people that the kids in the audience could relate to. These were very powerful. When they showed this one from Brian Welch, you could have heard a pin drop under the arch.



It was a surprisingly great day. If you live in Minneapolis, I highly recommend catching the show next weekend!

No comments: