Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tic...tic...tic

It's coming.

I can't stop it.

In three short weeks, my baby girl will no longer be a toddler. She will be 5 and an official "kid." I'm so thankful that she has a late birthday and missed the cut off for kindergarten this year. Some of my mom friends have experienced the "first day of school" this year and they have done so with such grace. I don't even want her to turn 5 let alone turn her over to school.

The whole experience is much like one of my favorite books from when I was a kid, The Monster at the End of this Book. In the book, each time you turn the page, poor Grover goes into complete hysterics because you are getting closer to the end of the book and well, there's a monster there. I won't ruin the ending for you, but you get the idea. For me, I wake up and I go into hysterics because I'm one day closer to her birthday.

I know nothing really changes, but at the same time everything is changing. I just want her to stop growing up so fast. I know I haven't grown up as much as she has in the past five years.

Pray for me...it's going to be a rough few weeks.

1 comment:

PoweredBy said...

The Monster At the End of This Book was one of my favorite books as a child too! In fact, I read every day for months. When Nicholas was small we would read it every day. He loved it. :)