Monday, February 9, 2009

It's okay for boys to cry

This weekend, as we were gathered around the table eating lunch and watching tv (we've already defined that I may have some opportunities in my parenting abilities.)

So anyway...this commercial comes on.



Mooka started asking questions right away about what was going on in the commercial, but Baby Bear just kept his eyes glued to the tv. We explained that no one took care of the animals in the video and some mean people hurt the animals. When the commercial finished, BB turns to us, big brown eyes full of big tears and says, "Why didn't someone want to take care of those animals."

I don't think I've ever been brought to tears so quickly in my entire life.

Of course, I scooped him up and gave him a hug all the while trying to assure him that someone was in fact now taking care of those animals.

He's such a little sweetheart.

However, his first words to me at 6 morning were "Get me some juice, some fruit snacks and turn on Noggin." We're still working on being a sweetheart before 8 a.m.

No comments: