Sunday, February 15, 2009

My cookies

I am not good in the kitchen.

There I said it.

I have dreams of becoming the next great chef and A. can attest that I watch enough Food Network to have earned the right to be at least an okay chef. But, it just never works out for me.

Exhibit A: Any of my husband's birthday cakes.

Exhibit B: Any of the gingerbread projects for assorted holidays.


But this weekend, I had a break through.

I spent TWO WHOLE HOURS making these gems...



TWO HOURS - I should get an award alone for dedicated that amount of time to something other than reading or wasting time online.

When I was coming home this week from a business trip, I scammed this month's People magazine Country double issue (btw, I may start volunteering at the local airport to clean planes. I was like a kid in a candy store with all of the left behind magazines. I'm pretty sure I have every periodical published for the month of February.) The magazine had knock off recipes for Girl Scout cookies. Knowing how much A. loves the samoas, I decided to whip up a batch for Valentine's Day.

I'm not a fan of coconut and I'm not sure A. actually enjoyed them. I kept hearing comments like "Wow, they are really rich" and "do you think you made them too big", but whatever, they looked amazing.

baby steps.

No comments: