Monday, April 20, 2009

Parenting Lesson #8

Taking a child to the ER will never be easy.

On Friday, I got a call from the school letting me know that we needed to come get Baby Bear. He had been hit in the head with a child’s garden hoe.

What the heck was a garden hoe doing on a school play ground? Thank God A. was the one who got to ask those questions.

I work about 40 minutes away from the school so I sat on the phone with A. and got the full play by play as he picked up the kids, went to the doctor’s office and then over to the ER.

Walking up to the ER doors I just wanted to throw up.

Bad things are not supposed to happen to your kids.

We were very blessed that he only had to have one staple and for the most part, he was completely un-phased by the whole thing.

There really just isn’t a worse feeling in life than not being able to “make it better” or take away the pain for your child. This is my first real go around with this feeling and I pray we don’t have to go through it again anytime soon.

No comments: