Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mortified

Remember when you were a kid,

and it was so much fun to play outside,

and sometimes you would feel the urge to go to the bathroom,

and you really didn't want to because you were having so much fun,

but you ran inside anyway?

Well, my kid experienced that last night.

Except, he missed that part about running inside.

My neighbor and I were sitting out on her deck, enjoying the evening while the kids played on the swing set. When suddenly the three girls started shrieking "EWWWWWWWW!!!!!"

The rest is a bit of a blur because I'm pretty sure I blacked out from the embarrassment that ensued.

Me: What happened?

Girls: He pooped in the yard.

Now, I get that it's tough to be a boy in a neighborhood of girls and that it's his job to be gross, but COME ON!

Seriously, I'm trying really, really hard to be a good mom. I promise I have never at any point given this child the indication that dropping turds in public was even remotely okay.

After collecting my children and delivering them to their father, I took the walk of shame back over to the neighbors house to PICK UP MY KID'S POOP IN THEIR BACK YARD.

Just mortified.

1 comment:

G-ma said...

did I ever tell you about the time A's
sister stranded him on the roof of the house by taking away the ladder? I believe the army calls it S.O.S.
then there was the time he as a child had "stomach problems" when we were visiting a cave. he left deposits along the path noted by other visitors
by the odiferous scent. I guess "__it" happens!