Monday, August 25, 2008

Farewell Olympics

Our home has been consumed by the Olympics for the past two weeks. Partially due to the fact that we are a sports family and by we I mean the three others that live with me. The other part is that we don't...now brace yourself...

We don't have cable.

Some other day, I'll post my opinions on having cable/satellite, but for now, back to the Olympics.

I have enjoyed watching the kids get excited about new sports and trying to mimic every world class performance. They have gone from wanting to be gymnasts to pro-volleyball players.

What I have not enjoyed, were the non stop Budweiser commercials. I recognize that somebody has to foot the bill, but they ran constantly. So much so, that when the commercials came on, the entire neighborhood could hear my kids belt out...

"This is BUZZ LIGHT YEAR, BUZZ LIGHT YEAR. This is BUZZ LIGHT YEAR, this is BEER"

Now, since neither A nor I are big drinkers, the kids have no idea what beer is. It's also nice that they have yet to come to me and ask why Buzz Light Year is continually getting hopped up on beer and folks are singing about it.

No comments: